CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900 - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #21 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,958
Send a message via AIM to Burn
Default Re: CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900

In case you ever do want better quality fans, Scythe S-Flex and Gentle Typhoon fans are generally regarded as the best fans for radiators due to their quietness/high static pressure/long lasting bearings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean W. View Post
like i said on another thread, anything over 75cfm get exponentially louder with diminishing returns.
It's pretty linear actually, for any CFM.
Fan Testing Part 2 (Retesting + Noise) - XtremeSystems Forums
__________________

__________________
EVGA E758 A1 | Core i7 920 @ 4ghz | 6GB DDR3 1600 OCZ Gold | XFX 6870 CF | Corsair TX850 | Cooler Master HAF 932 | Water Cooled
Burn is offline  
Old 07-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2,363
Default Re: CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900

I'm using the fan that came with it now, my Rosewill fans are still in shipping. What kind of screws do you need to attach a second fan to the radiator?
__________________

__________________

CalcProgrammer1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2010, 12:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lookin' for higher ground
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,104
Default Re: CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
I'm using the fan that came with it now, my Rosewill fans are still in shipping. What kind of screws do you need to attach a second fan to the radiator?
Calc,

You will need 6-32x1.25" bolts, and you can find em' at OSH. I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

Another way of saying it is this: #6 machine thread, 32 TPI (threads per inch), 1.25 inches in length.

Soar
__________________
Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
Seasonic SS660XP Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
CM HAF X Blue
Antec H20 620
Intel 180GB SATA III 520
WD Black Caviar 2 TB
Seagate Green 3 TB
Gentle Typhoons [3]
Scythe Fan Controller w/Temps
soarwitheagles is offline  
Old 07-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2,363
Default Re: CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarwitheagles View Post
Calc,

You will need 6-32x1.25" bolts, and you can find em' at OSH. I'll be picking mine up tomorrow.

Another way of saying it is this: #6 machine thread, 32 TPI (threads per inch), 1.25 inches in length.

Soar
What's OSH? If you just mean a hardware store the only ones we have are Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Sears Hardware. I figure Lowes would have it (that's the closest one for me).

As for the performance with the single fan, I have it at 4.0GHz (slightly over, BCLK is at 183, multi at 22x) and as far as the CPU goes all seems well. The temperature is hovering around 58-60C full load with Folding@Home SMP and F@H GPU running. The biggest issue is RAM, my OCZ Gold seems to not overclock very well at the voltages I had it at, had to push it up to 1.66V and I had to drop the RAM multiplier down a notch as well, the RAM is at 10X multiplier, so 1830MHz.
__________________

CalcProgrammer1 is offline  
Old 07-14-2010, 03:04 AM   #25 (permalink)
Lookin' for higher ground
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,104
Default Re: CPU cooler for i7 930 in Antec 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalcProgrammer1 View Post
What's OSH? If you just mean a hardware store the only ones we have are Lowes, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, and Sears Hardware. I figure Lowes would have it (that's the closest one for me).

As for the performance with the single fan, I have it at 4.0GHz (slightly over, BCLK is at 183, multi at 22x) and as far as the CPU goes all seems well. The temperature is hovering around 58-60C full load with Folding@Home SMP and F@H GPU running. The biggest issue is RAM, my OCZ Gold seems to not overclock very well at the voltages I had it at, had to push it up to 1.66V and I had to drop the RAM multiplier down a notch as well, the RAM is at 10X multiplier, so 1830MHz.
Calc,

So sorry! I thought OSH [Orchard Supply Hardware] was in every major city in the USA. I am not sure if Lowes or Home Depot will have this item. Please let us know if they do!

BTW, I did not pick up my screws at OSH...I got too busy selling components today and couldn't get over to OSH.

Soar
__________________

__________________
Intel i5-3570
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
GeForce 560Ti
Seasonic SS660XP Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 1600 16GB
CM HAF X Blue
Antec H20 620
Intel 180GB SATA III 520
WD Black Caviar 2 TB
Seagate Green 3 TB
Gentle Typhoons [3]
Scythe Fan Controller w/Temps
soarwitheagles is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I like a bit of bling in my build CPU cooler Ashley Williams New Systems | Building and Buying 15 11-23-2008 05:48 PM
CPU Cooler Need help ASAP luigi336 New Systems | Building and Buying 7 10-22-2008 08:04 PM
Which CPU cooler would be most benefical? grkbar New Systems | Building and Buying 5 09-28-2008 10:22 AM
Overclocked 3.2ghz Pentium D processor by 15% EliteScouter Overclocking and Modding 1 12-19-2007 11:52 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.