cpu cooler for e8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
lool thats the mobo im using haha gigabyte ud3p
yeah i dont think i can find that cooler in australia or maybe its just in the secret secret shop of everything i dont know but yeah i want to get the noctua u12p for my e8400 .. and overclock it to 4ghz without close to dangerous temps lol

Can u find the zerotherm I mentioned? It seems to work well for most people.
Mine cools kick *** and it fits!
The Noctua might be good , too.
Also look at the Tuniq tower. To overclock the E8400 to 4ghz with a ud3p is usually ridiculously easy.
I was able to do it with adjustments to the multiplier only!
Going over 4ghz usually requires at least a vcore boost.

The Noctua is a fine heatsink, i would bet you would be able to hit 4Ghz, although nothing is guaranteed in overclocking. Full load temps average 55-65 for such an overclock on an E8400, but this also depends on your case. Those temps are fine for the cpu, but if you're uncomfortable with them get the TRUE 120 and chuck two fans on it.

If you go with the Noctua, buy an extra fan for Push-Pull as it only comes with one fan. The same fan that the heatsink comes with (P12-1300 120mm) is only 27 bucks and will help cool your cpu by a few degrees.

I have seen the sunbeam sold as the Tuniq Core Contact Freezer in some places so you might want to check for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom