cpu cooler for e8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and you'll probably need a good one.

The TRUE (Thermalright Ultra Extreme) is your best bet. Thought other models may get you there also. Xigmatek and Noctua also make quality heatsinks. The Cooler Master V-8 is another good heatsink. Some of these heatsinks require you to buy a 120mm fan to cool it with :D

Cheap nice one's are:

- Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer
- Rosewill RCX-Z775
- Xigmatek Rifle

Hey mate, what kind of budget do you have?

Personally i'd recommend either the Noctua NH-U12P which comes with a fan and costs $79 from MSY or the Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 which performs better but doesn't come with any fans, so you'd have to shell out for one or two. The True is $79 at CPL. Make sure to get the right bracket for your CPU socket as well.

If you're on a tighter budget, the Coolermaster Hyper 212 is a good heatsink, it's quiet and it comes with a fan. It's good value at $52 from MSY.

thanks.. i was just looking for anythign under $100, if i was gonna get the thermalright 120 ultra extreme... what fan would i get..?? or would that really matter..?

*edit

i wanna go with the noctua-u12p but i WILL be able to hit 4ghz right..?, but what kind of temps would i have..??

I use a Zerotherm Nirvana nv120.
36c. idle and 48c. HEAVY load:D(e8400@4.23ghz)
What kind of motherboard do u have?

the Sunbeam might be hard to find if u don't know the full name.
It's called the "Sunbeam CR-CCTF"

I don't know FOR SURE , but I have read lots of posts around the web
that say the Sunbeam won't fit the gigabyte ud3p mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom