CPU / AUX too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydzy

In Runtime
Hey,

So when I first set up my computer I had AI Suite installed, and I seem to recall it showed my CPU @ 70 degrees, not sure what that is in farenheight, lol, anywho! Someone told me that was normal, well thank god.

So I found out last night that my CPU (E6600) should only be max 60 degrees! =S So I downloaded and installed Speedfan 4.32, to check again cause I wanted to be sure of my CPU being safe. This is the screenshot:

Speedfan.jpg

Now I aint no scientist, however I am pretty sure that a big friken flame next to my CPU and AUX is not a good thing? The Core 1 stays between 42-44 from what I see, and changes over from that arrow to a tick regularily, I think it is just messing with me for shits and giggles.
My AUX will just about always be 54-58 or so, with the little flame, but for like 5 seconds @ a time once in a while it goes to 37 or something with a tick? That might just be a glitch. The thing that I'm worried abotu is the CPU HAVING A SCARY FLAME NEXT TO IT!

This is in 19 degree weather, 72 farenheight, thats right, I checked that one! So it isnt hot outside, I'm really scared about what will happen when summer comes around, I'm in australia, approaching winter now!

The Heatsync is just the stock one that I got from intel with my chip. Using a Thermaltake Soprano DX case with all their stock cooling, as well as another thermaltake 90mm fan in the window. PSU is Thermaltake 850W Toughpower.

Ty,

Sydz

*edit* P.S. oh yeah, and why cant I show my image in my sig like other people have? It says

wow thats no good. Check the BIOS, thats where you will get the most accurate temperature reading. If it's lower than what speedfan is saying, something is wrong with speedfan.

my 3600 shows flames on cpu, and several others in speedfan.
also, i get the super loud "im fixin to blow up" warning tones that temp has been exceeded and meltdown is comin if i add just a little more voltage. my bios also displays the wrong temp.
i disable the warning tones. lol.
a: TOUCH the hsf pipes and if possble, where the plate of hsf meets the cpu. is it hot? if it is 62*c, i think you'll know by touch.. thats over 140* F, and that my friend, will feel hot. everest reads 63*C on my 3600, yet i can feel no heat, none, at the base of hsf or on pipes. to me that = wrong temp reading.
b: check your hsf. really, just go ahead and pull the hsf, clean it and cpu, put some as5 and re-seat it. just to be sure, and it only takes a few minutes.
c: download a different temp utility, core-temp and everest are two i like. see if they give same results.
d: as b1gapl said, check your bios temps.
i dont know anything about what bios you are using or mobo...but you may want to update it. ask the intel users, they will be able to help you more on that issue.

thanks, i reakon i'll try that now

Motherboard is just the Asus P5B, no delux or anything. The AI Suite thing in vista 64 bit doesnt work, well @ the least the updated version, I installed most updated so I could check this out, errors when I try to open. Looked at some forums, people were having exact same issue, apparently the new one just wont work, haha, GG Asus?

my 3600 shows flames on cpu, and several others in speedfan.
also, i get the super loud "im fixin to blow up" warning tones that temp has been exceeded and meltdown is comin if i add just a little more voltage. my bios also displays the wrong temp.
i disable the warning tones. lol.
a: TOUCH the hsf pipes and if possble, where the plate of hsf meets the cpu. is it hot? if it is 62*c, i think you'll know by touch.. thats over 140* F, and that my friend, will feel hot. everest reads 63*C on my 3600, yet i can feel no heat, none, at the base of hsf or on pipes. to me that = wrong temp reading.
b: check your hsf. really, just go ahead and pull the hsf, clean it and cpu, put some as5 and re-seat it. just to be sure, and it only takes a few minutes.
c: download a different temp utility, core-temp and everest are two i like. see if they give same results.
d: as b1gapl said, check your bios temps.
i dont know anything about what bios you are using or mobo...but you may want to update it. ask the intel users, they will be able to help you more on that issue.

dont mean to jinx you or anything mate, but if you're feeling no heat to the touch, can you be sure your HSF is attached properly? I'd be inclined to remount it with some arctic silver if i were you - BIOS temps are almost never wrong

lol they are when you use a nf4 motherboard with no current support (ie bios updates) that was never intended to run a 65nm chip (but woo wee it does) and a 65 nm cpu that amd forgot to mention isnt supported (ie bios updates lol) by said board and chipset.
yeah...i've attached and re-attached my hsf so many times that i could probably do it in my sleep. plus i can touch the edge of my cpu's heat spreader. nice n cool.
this is one of the "almost" times. its wrong.
appreciate your concern, though, thanks man.
i need to start mentioning this in my posts about 3600's. actually, i have read that a lot of am2 boards have this problem (am2 was originally designed to run 90 nm cpus), but it is usually solved with a bios update...if you have a newer (ie nf550 or above) mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom