Corrupted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I think overclocking and getting the "blue screen" too many times has corrupted part of windows or something. My temperature readings are wigging out (as in a jump from 43 c to 53 c and back to 43 c several times within a span of 10 seconds). I have tried defragmenting and used scandisk. Do tell me, is there something that can repair errors, or should I reformat?

Also, can overclocking also screw up the hard drive, or is the hard drive pretty much independent of the FSB in terms of it raising when the FSB goes up?

lol I seem to remember someone a while ago worrying he had overclocked his hard drive too far and fried it

There is absolutely no relation between the hard drive fuctionality and the increase of the FSB. The only unlikely event that would occur would be a vcore or vDIMM increase that your PSU couldn't handle which might take out a couple other components. Of course you'd know if that happened though, mmm burning mechanics.

Bad temperature readouts have nothing to do with a corrupted Windows boot sector though, either the actual software itself is acting funky (which is normal) or your temperature probes are out of whack.

huh... well thanks for the input. Maybe I'll uninstall and reinstall Speedfan and see if that fixes things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom