Core2Duo E6750 2.66GHZ OC help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygaluszka

Solid State Member
ok so i can get it to OC to 3.6 no prob, im thinking now that i know how to manually turn the fan on 100% im thinking to oc it to 3.8 cause i heard its possible easily with this processor, now the question is...

If I do this i don't know much about the voltage, i have it on auto, but if i manually OC on my GIGABYTE board to 3.6 or 3.8 shouldn't I manually set the voltage??? it's seee stock at 1.300000 w.e for 2.66 and its set to auto, what the safe way to set voltage??? oor do i even haave to... also...

What about the standard turbo and extreme performance enhancer, should i just keep it on standard when i oc it cause it does say "When OC'ed setting on standard may increase performancee.... i just don't want to burn out the processor, i love this thing it's amazing... also the memory,

The memory automatically OC's when i OC the processor, i cans ee it change from 800 to like 1022 or 1033 or something when set to w/e i want.... i should just leave the memory to auto right???
im mainly concerneed about the voltage.... i just heard that setting tyh e voltage right with the OC speed will give u the best performance??
THank you guys
Justin

Voltage will make your clocks stable. Have you tested with OCCT, Prime95 or Orthos to make sure your clocks are stable? I have the same CPU, and right now, at 3.53GHz, I'm running at 1.43-something voltage. Don't set it to auto; set it manually. And yes, keep it at 'standard' rather than 'turbo' or anything else.

What are the temps you're running at idle/load? I run 23-25 idle, and 43-44 load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom