Core2Duo E6600 seems ok after getting to 83 degrees!

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sure there is a safety factor included in those numbers just so they could proably take that much heat

lets face it... its not good practice to pull the power cord... but it basically the same as a power cut.

not the end of the world... or my e6600 (more importantly)

Getting a ninja on it to o/c it to ****!

Most CPUs can survive around 80C even at 24/7 use I'd say, not particularily a wise idea if you want a long healthy life for your core, but it's not unusual that your core is fine and it isn't any sort of miracle.

"Most CPUs can survive around 80C even at 24/7 use I'd say"

Hmm... thanks for you thoughts... but the rated temperature for this processor is 60 degrees C. - - - > The core 2duos are far cooler than past chips, and having surpased the stated limit by 24 degrees... i think its fair to point out... (as i was trying to do) just how durable these things are. - Further evidence that this latest range of chips are leagues infront of their AMD counterparts.

Ive put a Sonic tower on it Now... and its runnig at 26 degrees (idle) with a mild overclock to 3Ghz. (I say mild but a 0.6Ghz o/c would be massive for a lot of older cpus, but these e6600s are capable of 3.4 on air i believe) . . . will push it higher when thermal compound has been run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom