Core temps messed up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdshiftdj

I feel funny...
I've been running core temps for awhile and its always been accurate. I reformatted my HD the other day and installed everything again and its all F--ed up. Its off by 13c according to Uguru. I installed speedfan and its actually just a few celcius off from Uguru. Anyone have this problem before with it? Not a biggie but its annoying seeing it hover in the 40's when I know its not.

It's because you have an E2180. CT will read 15C too low, due to an assumed 85C Tj max, rather than 100C.

Evestest will be a constant 15C higher, and not sure what Uguru is :-\ .

Get the latest coretemp and you should be fine.

EDIT: phucng_10, the BIOS cannot read C2D's DTS readings. these are generally considered to be "most accurate" - the bios reading is often read from the board, underneath the CPU package.

The 2180 has a 100C tj? I know coretemp reads my e2180 at stock settings and idle of 20C on both cores.

The 2180 has a 100C tj? I know coretemp reads my e2180 at stock settings and idle of 20C on both cores.

your ambient is likely to be around 20C... try underclocking and undervolting and watch idle "temps" drop below ambient ;)

which version of CT is this?

It's because you have an E2180. CT will read 15C too low, due to an assumed 85C Tj max, rather than 100C.

Evestest will be a constant 15C higher, and not sure what Uguru is :-\ .

Get the latest coretemp and you should be fine.

EDIT: phucng_10, the BIOS cannot read C2D's DTS readings. these are generally considered to be "most accurate" - the bios reading is often read from the board, underneath the CPU package.

DTS stands for Distributed Temperature Sensing right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom