Core Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawrBeast

Baseband Member
okay so recently i have installed RivaTuner v2.11 and had my core temperature on my Taskbar and i have noticed it hovers around 60 when idle at 65% fan speed and 50 or so at 100% fan speed..is this normal?:confused:

My Specs are:
Thermaltake Big Typhoon HeatsinkFan
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHZ
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
2GB Corsair Ram
PC Power and Cooling 750W Silencer
NVidia Geforce 8800 GTX
Sound Blaster X-FI XtremeGamer
Antec 900 Case :nerd:

im assuming this is your GPU temp (because RivaTuner doesnt measure CPU core)... 60° is an ok temperature at 65% fan... you shouldn't really run the stock fan at more than about 85 or 90% for too long, lest it imbalances and kills the shaft... then you'll be in trouble...

i usually run at 100% when i play games cause i thought that was the reason my computer would crash :( but if i were to overclock my computer would the temperature rise? since the max temp. is 90 on the 8800 GTX i heard.

As long as you have good case air flow, you shouldn't get much hotter.

I'd really look into your cases airflow to lower your gpu temps, as its the ambient air that cools your gpu.

Wire management dropped my gpu by 7C

yeah, just all simple airflow things will keep your temps nice and low... i mapped out my airflow and added just one extra 80mm fan (some old piece of junk i had lying around) and that alone dropped my CPU temps by about 6°C loaded... add a bit of cable management, clean out the fan grills, maximise the intake, etc and i was able to drop the CPU temp by about 14° at load and the GPU by about 8°C

also, i believe the shutdown temp for the 8 series is 115°C, but you still shouldnt really run it at more than 90° for extended periods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom