core temp speedfan temp. loc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently that's the reason. What I don't understand though is:
1. Why do we have different idle (and operating?) temperature readings using the same CPU and CoreTemp program.

2. Why, in the CoreTemp box listed under "processor information", is your listed frequency different than mine?

Your frequency reads: 1999.77MHz (333.30 x 6.0)
My frequency reads: 2999.97MHz (333.33 x 9.0)

What do these numbers mean? What generates these frequency numbers?

You have closer to the same frequency under RealTemp. Is that the CPU speed? Maybe your CoreTemp program didn't install properly, and if you deleted it and installed it again, it would read your CPU frequency properly/differently.
We also have some different voltage values between your Speedfan and my Everest programs. But I'm unsure of their meaningfulness when I'm at 0 load and you're at 100 load.

Our temps were both idle ~40C with coretemp...

The differences in speed has to do with speedstep. My coretemp was opened under idle conditions so it read as 333x6=1999mhz and if i went to file-refresh in coretemp once it was under load it would read 333x9=2999mhz, same as urs.

Ur Vcore voltage says 2.42V which i dont know what that is reading, but im pretty sure ur comp wouldnt be able to run with that voltage. Our VID under load is the same in coretemp. The actual voltage applied to mine under load is 1.17V, cpu-z says the same thing.

Looking at CoreTemp, we both have the same VID at 1.2250V.

Then looking at your Speedfan, you have:

Vcore1: 1.17V
Vcore2: 1.87V

These total 3.04 V

While looking at my Everest reading:

CPU Core: 2.42 V (for 2 cores)

When I divide the 2.42V by 2, it equals 1.21 V, which "almost" exactly equals the Coretemp VID of 1.2250V.

Your core voltage doesn't equal the CoreTemp VID, it exceeds it.
Could that mean that there's a need for a voltage or other type of bios adjustment?

In some rare cases, there's bios updates to check for too.

FWIW, I have 2 X 1 Gigs of Kingston Hyper-X 800 DDR.

i dunno, ive just ignored most of those voltages because they dont make sense to me and i dont change them manually. Only thing ive changed in the past was vcore which i read from cpu-z.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom