Core i7 Overclock questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
turbo mode only runs on single threaded instances if i remember right...

and the only motherboard through bios that can leave it on is the foxconn bloodrage....

watch.. just run intel burn test ... your multi will drop to 20x...

and bong... i've upped the voltage on qpi to 1.6v and uncore to 1.6v and no freaking go.. my boards a dud

Turbo mode will run all 4 cores at 21x if running cool enough, and will run 1 core at 22x if needed.

Well I tried increasing all the voltages. but still cant get it oc'd over 3. One thing I noticed is when I set the boards preset overclock to 3.2, the Vdim voltage was about 1.9V and I thought you cant go over 1.65?

But right know I have another problem maybe someone here could help me with, My post is listed in the troubleshooting section. Thanks

Look around on xtreme systems forums or hardforums. Theres a lot of people there with the rampage 2.

and bong... i've upped the voltage on qpi to 1.6v and uncore to 1.6v and no freaking go.. my boards a dud

hmmmm... there's gotta be something you haven't tweaked right (or your board's whack)... i wish i could hook up a couple meters to your board's paths and watch the current and voltage oscillations... i'd bet its some issue with the corrective feedback loop, but i cant say for sure... you might not wanna pump the vQPI so much (not only could it damage it, but the jitter will be bigger), you could also try playing with the PLL voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom