Core 2 Duo question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skormm

Baseband Member
I have a Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53GHz CPU... I ran this utility from EA games today, and it told me that apparently my CPU is (correctly listed as 2.53) but rated at 3.79GHz. Does that mean I can play games that recommend up to a 3.79GHz CPU?

I think the EA Games utility was incorrect, unless you've OC'ed your E7200 by such a huge margin :p
And there are no games which recommend a 3.8GHz CPU, since there aren't any without overclocking.

I think the EA Games utility was incorrect, unless you've OC'ed your E7200 by such a huge margin :p
And there are no games which recommend a 3.8GHz CPU, since there aren't any without overclocking.

Could it be that it's because of the dual-cores it's equivalent to a single core running at that speed?

Could it be that it's because of the dual-cores it's equivalent to a single core running at that speed?

That's not how multi-core works ;) You don't add clock speeds.

Edit: Beat me again :p

nope. You never add core speeds together.

Here's a screen.

BF2.jpg

Well it has to have issues.

What gpu do you have because it says you have 1.6gb of vid memory. They have 2gb cards or I guess you could have sli 260's to get close to that number.

3.2gb of ram? if you had 3 1gb ram dimms technically it would be 3.072gb of ram.
So needless to say too many inconsistencies in that sheet for me to believe it.

3.2gb of ram? if you had 3 1gb ram dimms technically it would be 3.072gb of ram.
So needless to say too many inconsistencies in that sheet for me to believe it.

RAM-wise I think it's 4GB of RAM in a 32-bit system.

But I agree the VRAM sounds iffy. Looks to me like the program can't recongise the GPU.

yes but think about the ram. If he indeed had 4gb on a 32bit os with 1.6gb of vid ram he would only have around 2gb of usable ram.

If he had a 256mb vid card than it would be correct.

So maybe they have some type of rating system for dual cores.

give me a link to that test and I will check with my system for fun.

Well that system requirements lab is kind of f'ed up; at one point it said my former X2 4600+ was rated @ 4600mhz and also said the HD 3200 with 512MB VRAM was the world's best GPU o_O

Never add CPU core speeds together, because its utterly incorrect; also, if a game says it requires 3.0ghz, you can still run it because yours is a dual-core (I remember one really n00by guy trying to argue with me that an e7200 wouldn't run L4D, but its just a heads up!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom