Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Why didn't anyone tell me to up the voltage? I was being so skimpy! It totally solved my stability problems, Now I am stable at 3.4ghz! I just need better cooling!
Now that is more like it :D

What is actual vcore?

It was 1.48, it was a bit more stable at 1.5, I hit 3500mhz on 1.5, but it was so unstable I couldn't even run SuperPI 1M without Windows crashing, I'll try this again when I get better cooling, until then, 3.4 is my limit. It was running at like 50c, is that too high?

And what kind of RAM do you have?

When was it running 50c? If that's dual Prime, yeah, you are extremely lucky with stock cooling and that vcore. But I must say, I doubt that ;)

My goal is to keep dual prime temps under 60c. Under all normal circumstances, it stays in the 50's.

NosBoost300 said:
wow.. these core 2 duo's overclock like monsters.. i am sure i'll be satisfied with a e6300 now... i'm glad i've waited to see first hand reviews on these forums.. i was considering the e6600, but with the looks of this.. i will settle for the 6300

I believe the e6400 is the best bang for the buck...the 6300 is "not really a conroe" from some sources.....

Neither is the 6400 if youre talking about the Allendale thing.

Theyre all the same core. Some have the extra 2MB cache disabled/removed.

If nothing else, they dont have to be Conroes. Theyre Core 2 Duos, and that should be all that matters?

Funny thing is, the Allendales overclock to about the same point as the Conroes. The 4MB cache doesnt make THAT big of a difference, only in SuperPi.

Who the **** cares.

Its a cpu that freaking rips anything out there.

My opteron is more then enough for me right now so enjoy those conroes and your fancy ddr2 memory:p

General. Dude. Sub 13 second Pi times. Now.

:p:D

Who said anything about Prime95? I hate it, it fails at stock speeds on all my computers. Prime95 is BS. I did SuperPI 32M at 3.4ghz and it was 52c.

When I get better cooling, I'll shoot for sub 13s, Lord AnthraX. :)

EDIT: Actually I forgot, I ran Prime95 from 3AM to 11AM and it didn't fail, that was at 3.2ghz, 3.4 failed instantly at 1.48v, but stood out for like hour at 1.5. This was like really late last night, I totally forgot about that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom