Copy and Paste with Mouse not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCatGuy

Beta member
Hi,
I have window's XP Pro, Intel Duo Core Proc E7400. 3 gigs ram, 320 rom, cable modem.

Okay, I recently installed, "IE 8.0" and the new Google chrome....and suddenly...I can no long find something on the internet...highlight the sentence....right click for copy and left click for paste...then go to another place on computer...i.e., an email...and when go and use mouse and click Paste.

I hve to do it manually now w/CNTRL and C, and CNRL and V, to Paste it?

I even have a tech friend that spend 2 hours (and he's great)...yet, he couldn't understsand how to fix it, and was unable to. He even deleted the IE 8 and google chrome, and took out the tool bar, and that didn't work. He went through dozens of Tools unchecking and chekcing....even where it says ability to Copy/Paste...checked it..Did not work.

Now he says, that he thinks it could be that because of ID theft that when you use the mouse it goes to clipboard, and too many people copy and paste and have their ID stolen.
I asked, "But doesn't doing it manually, w/CTRL and C/V...do same thing, he said, "NO".

HELP! I hate doing it manually...so he reinstalled the IE 8.0 but not the chrome...and well, I'd really like to get back the ability to COPY and PASTE using my mouse because when writing articles or to friends, I often take items of the web...etc, and in quotes, place them in the article or email, etc.

ANY ideas would be very much appreciated................Thank you, Jay (NYC)

is it for all sites or just some sites?

some sites have it set so that you cant use the mouse to copy/paste.

Wholesale Sunglasses For Less! Get Designer Discount Sunglasses Here! is a good example of that.
when you right click there, nothing happens. but you can still use the keyboard for this function.

if you cant do it anywhere, does your right click button work? try looking at your mouse settings to see if anything is off.

if none of these things apply, then im sorry and cant help any further.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom