Copy and Paste with Mouse not working? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Copy and Paste with Mouse not working?

I have window's XP Pro, Intel Duo Core Proc E7400. 3 gigs ram, 320 rom, cable modem.

Okay, I recently installed, "IE 8.0" and the new Google chrome....and suddenly...I can no long find something on the internet...highlight the sentence....right click for copy and left click for paste...then go to another place on computer...i.e., an email...and when go and use mouse and click Paste.

I hve to do it manually now w/CNTRL and C, and CNRL and V, to Paste it?

I even have a tech friend that spend 2 hours (and he's great)...yet, he couldn't understsand how to fix it, and was unable to. He even deleted the IE 8 and google chrome, and took out the tool bar, and that didn't work. He went through dozens of Tools unchecking and chekcing....even where it says ability to Copy/Paste...checked it..Did not work.

Now he says, that he thinks it could be that because of ID theft that when you use the mouse it goes to clipboard, and too many people copy and paste and have their ID stolen.
I asked, "But doesn't doing it manually, w/CTRL and C/ same thing, he said, "NO".

HELP! I hate doing it he reinstalled the IE 8.0 but not the chrome...and well, I'd really like to get back the ability to COPY and PASTE using my mouse because when writing articles or to friends, I often take items of the web...etc, and in quotes, place them in the article or email, etc.

ANY ideas would be very much appreciated................Thank you, Jay (NYC)

Old 05-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Inspired by Art
Default Re: Copy and Paste with Mouse not working?

is it for all sites or just some sites?

some sites have it set so that you cant use the mouse to copy/paste.

Wholesale Sunglasses For Less! Get Designer Discount Sunglasses Here! is a good example of that.
when you right click there, nothing happens. but you can still use the keyboard for this function.

if you cant do it anywhere, does your right click button work? try looking at your mouse settings to see if anything is off.

if none of these things apply, then im sorry and cant help any further.

good luck.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Default Re: Copy and Paste with Mouse not working?

1st, wrong section

And 2nd, Iu can do what you say you can't. pasted into hotmail/outlook, and word.

So, something else is bunked..

Vista x64, using i.e. 8x 32bit
Foldie = i7 950@ 4.0Ghz Gigabyte x58a-ud3r EVGA 970 SC Corsair H100 Corsair hx520 3x2gb OCZ Gold Corsair 650D
Woohoo = L5639 @3.1Ghz EVGA SR-2 gtx 260-216 Hyper 212+ Corsair 1050hx 6x2gb Corsair XMS3 Blackhawk Ulra
Alienware 18 - SLI 770M 4700mq 16Gig

Closed Thread