CoolIT Domino A.L.C...any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikaricloud

Golden Master
Hey guys. I recently stumbled upon this odd water cooling device thing:

Domino A.L.C. Released

I've read a couple of reviews that seem to like it, pros being it's inexpensive, it's simple, and it works well, not to mention it works with socket 1366.

Now I'm no genius when it comes to water cooling, I haven't had a chance to mess with it since I haven't had a machine that would call for it. When I upgrade my desktop, I was thinking about grabbing a core contact cooler, but that wouldn't work with my 1366 that I'm building down the road unless I buy a separate bracket or something.

So I was thinking about grabbing this, but I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. The two reviews I've seen so far are here:

CoolIT Domino A.L.C. review

CoolIT Domino A.L.C. Review - Overclockers Club

Thoughts?

Save your money. The parts looks cheap. Water is suppose to shine under load and it can't even do that right. What a waste of money.

save your money. The parts looks cheap. Water is suppose to shine under load and it can't even do that right. What a waste of money.

Looks cheap, but I scoured for comments about it, and it was said that it looks like they really took their time putting it together...which I can understand, since it's such a small package. It's probably worse than most water solutions, but most good solutions are also 150 bucks more and up...

According to reviews it can't even hold its own under load compared to air coolers so that right there tells you what a crappy water setup it is. If you want to go water, do it right. If not get a nice air cooler like a TRUE

yeah a water setup that cools worse than air = fail.

Petras has a good starter kit for $200 or so.

Yeah, I was looking through some of their stuff...the only thing I really liked about this was the ease of moving it from system to system and the low cost.

You could piece together a kit to save some cash.

Yeah, I could. I was originally going to grab a Contact Cooler or whatever, since it's 30 bucks after rebate, maybe I could just grab a bracket when I switch to the i7 until I grab a water cooling set.

Forgetting the fact that I shouldn't buy it, what do you think of the idea at least? It seems interesting to me, I like the way they put it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom