cooling video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester6565

In Runtime
i have a 9800 pro aiw and am getting about 386 for a core overclock, i see that others are getting much higher overclocks, i was wondering if i should go with a vga cooler or water cooling. Some sudgestions for cooler would be appreciated, also for my amd 3400 would i be better off with water or air for overclocking.

What do you guys think of aftermarkets for non-overclocked vga's? Would it just be better for overall performance/more stability?

woot6600GT said:
Aftermarked VGA fan or heatsink would do you good.
Yeah, agreed. Water cooling your GPU is a waste unless you WC the whole system. With that said, a water cooling rig could be well over your budget. You could end up spending a bit over $150 for a decent system. You could look into a WC kit, but really, why bother with one when you can custom one?

You could go with an aftermarket cooling if you want to OC your CPU. Check out that Zalman or the Thermalright XP-90

@smileygladhands
Most stock cooling for GPUs really should do the trick if you aren't overclocking. Unless your getting ridiculously high temperatures for some unexplained reason (I suffer 90C under load on eVGA 6800 GT @ stock), it may do you some good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom