Cooling setup that includes Heat Pipes, Peltier and a liquid setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

enGRAVEr

Baseband Member
Has anyone heard of a system that uses these together?

Maybe some form of active monitoring so you could put your target range for temp and the pump and fan would adjust to keep that setting.

Update, the heat pipes are on the way, and I am in talks for getting a couple of heat lanes and a therma base. If you want some good reading on dispersing heat evenly, go to http://www.thermacore.com/design/menu.asp

They have some really innovative items, but putting together your own from this company would cost way too much.

I am attempting to find out who they deal with to get some other items for testing. Should yield some interesting results. Or a really burnt CPU.

When I get all the parts for the experiment I shall post temps and scores for a regular heatsink/fan and then the one utilizing the heat pipes and therma base, with and without a fan, and then the liquid trials. Should be able to get most of the stuff for trials within 2 weeks.

You can cool your whole computer with heat pipes. Some motherboard s have heatpipe cooling on the chipsets. The CPU and GPU have heat pipe coolers. There is also a fanless PSU made by thermaltake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom