Cooling req. suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisX

Baseband Member
Ok the case i'm buying comes with a 120mm fan in the front, and a 120mm fan on the side. I've already purchased another 80mm fan which i'll probably put on the side and put the 120mm in the rear. for this harware should that be enough cooling?

VC eVGA Geforce 7800GT 256MB
RAM G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400 (PC 3200)
MB Asus K8N4-E Deluxe or DFI LANPARTY UT nF4
CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4400
HDD SEAGATE 80GB 7200RPM 8MB SATA HARD DRIVE ((X2 for RAID0))

I havent yet orderd a 3rd party heatsink for the cpu, but ive heard people reccomend taking off the stock and using a Artic Silver 5, is that necessary? I'm also planning on getting a temperature monitor/fan controller 3.5 w/ 6 media card slots. thx

yeah that's good enough for cooling.

you should put AS5 too cool your cpu temps down.

i think the avg. temp for the 4400+ is around 38C. anothe rquestion... will using AS5 void my warenty?

If you wanna be cool you can buy 4 120 Thermaltake Smart LED Fans, double stack 2 pairs (one on top of the other on the side and front) so then your case will really be moving some air! I will be doing this soon, right now I have 4 stock 120mm fans in that configuration, except I have mine in the front and back, no side fans. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999122

AS5 helps alot!

liquid cooling is something id really rather not mess around with, even if i decide to oc my cpu is wont be that much so i dont think a water cooling system is realyl necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom