Cooling with a regular desk fan? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2005, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to lazerman Send a message via Yahoo to lazerman

Originally posted by Nubius
lol I didn't realize it was a competition among the mobile users That's two posts where you swear to DESTROY ME lazerman lol

Good luck with that

If I had money to throw away I'd go as high as I could just so it can barely boot into windows I'm sure it could go to 2.9 under those circumstance but yeah I'm not too thrilled to try that.

EDIT: I can get 2.7GHz completely 100% stable, so thats my record as far as actual stability and 2.8 is the top speed achieved and bootable into windows for me
Lol wasn't sure you saw that post... Yea I believe I have a better cooling setup and here pretty soon a better psu.... I would like to be able to run 2.8 stabily, that is my goal. I'm not throwing away money either.... I might be here in a month when I turn of age for part time... I am also doing a mod to the fron of my case to allow for a visible blue uv fan that will look killer! Hopefully cool it down some more too. I also want to make an 80mm blowhole for the top of my pc where the fan would stick out which I think looks cool. Also Nubius, I want to put another 120mm fan on the backside of the cpu, when you did this, does the air directly hit your mobo or is there a pice of metal in the way? I will probably do it just for looks but maybe with some cooling benefit. Do you remember may crazy ducting mod for my cpu cooling? I have a 120mm fan at 73cfm going to an 80mm adapter and then to a thermal duct from xoxide to my tornado fan. Plus they are spinning different directions (still blow the same way but the blades spin differently) so I can get that added effect.

The Stargate MMORPG
Closed Thread