Cooling and Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI-M

Baseband Member
So Im changing my fans and power supply cause I need a new one

What are the best brands of "power supplies" buy?

What are the Best "cooling fans to buy"(case fans I mean)?

i think the best brand Power supplys are astec. I think the best cooling fans are astec too lol. They make really good products.. Thermaltake makes PSU's too but there very expencive and i dunno how they work.

You can start here:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15985

on a side note, I would find one that is quite. my new "power" PC has a fan.. but it is louder than I want :(

I have an Antec for the case, a Taisol for the CPU.... and another one.. not sure of the name, BUT my pc fans, etc are loud.

Not sure which was is the loudest or causing the most noise...BUT if I had to redo it... BUY quiet ones and spend more money if neccessary.

NOTE: even one of the fans says its a "quiet fan"..... yeah, right.

PSU: Antec, Thermaltake, Tagan. But make sure you get at least 400W with Active PFC.

Fans: Delta, Thermaltake, Antec, etc... everyone makes fans just make sure you pick the right noise level.

Enermax for both PS and case fans .Fan Speed Control options are very handy . If you can squeeze a 120mm fan in the front and rear your in good shape . 92mm are good as well .
With the higher requirements of todays HardWare go with at least a 450watt or greater PS

PSU: Enermax, Antec

For fans it depends on what you want, 80mm / 90mm / 120mm / blue / green / red / clear / no lights / cfm / noise level. As you can see there are many options. IMO antec does not make very good case fans because I had 4 of them, and in all of them the lights started to go out after about 6 months and they started to slow down considerably. I then got some coolermaster fans with the rifle bearings and those things have a really nice air to noise ratio. They put out a lot of air and dont make that much noise, they are way better than the antecs. On top of this they have all 3 plug connectors standard so i can just plug them strait into my mobo and not have to drag 4 pin power supply connecters all over my computer and clutter in with cables. This was a very nice feature that I liked about the cooler masters. I think vantec does the same thing... You are ok getting an antec psu but stick to something else for the fans.

I have an antec 550w true power deal for my psu, which was highly rated, although I got it for about $120. I have sunbeam case fans which are actually pretty quiet unless you have 4 in your system, it's a very faint noise. They run at an avg of 2900-3100 rpm's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom