cooling a pc with vegitable oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until it rots.

Better off using motor Oil or highly distilled/purified water.

But yea, really old, posted many times across many forums.

heh pretty neat....heh seeing the prices almost a year and a half ago makes me go like wow..

1k for the FX-55

350 for the 6800 Ultra haha
120 for a Gig of DDR400? EEK...i remember those prices

Old but still clever. I wonder how the first person thought of this. Maybe he was holding a can a vegetable oil while walking buy his open case and he tripped and spilled it all in there and noticed it didn't fry and checked his temps and noticed that they had lowered.

Until it rots.

Better off using motor Oil or highly distilled/purified water.

But yea, really old, posted many times across many forums.

acually they do use motor oil and experment wit distiled water

but they recaped and said that the water fryed it eventually, and there is some work behind it because they had to completely make the cpu socket airtight bacause the oil messed with it. i bet it would work perfect with a socket 370, since the pins are so far apart. i remember reading somewhere, that water it self is not electrically conductive, its the impurities on it that make it that way, so here is a theory: if you have distilled water and spill it on your pc, it will still fry. Why? because your mobo has dust all over it, and add water and presto you have dirty water, and ZZZAPPPP, and you got a heavy *** aquarium paper weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom