Cooling - Overclocking E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

jainischalverma

Solid State Member
Ok guys,

Here is the deal. This is the first time I have tried overclocking a CPU.

When I went to the BIOS, there were some overclocking profiles. So, first I chose the 5% profile. Everything was stable.

Then I did another run at 10% profile. Each core is running now at 2.63 Ghz which I guess is ok.

All this is done with Stock cooling. The temperatures for CPU is showing 51 C constant. But I am using some utility called sensor something for measuring the temps.

I don't think they are correct temp. Anyways, when I go home I will use the all time recommended Core Temp utility and check again.

I want to know if I use the Zalman 9500 cooler, how much difference will it make. Also provide me any other suggestion on OC'ing if you can.

Regards.

Zalmans make a huge diffrence from stock cooling. I have zalmans on both my CPU and GPU and both of their stock idle temps are now their Zalman Load temps.

It might make a diffrence on the case fans and room temp, but usually they improve alot.

manually.. its takes a little longer, and is more complex (not really thou) but it gives you a much better OC

i honestly think that manual overclocking is the only way to go provideing you do your research before you start it means you can actually understand what is being done to your system. for instance i know that the overclocking utility on my asus mobo just maxes vcore and vdimm which isnt efficiant and if the limits wern;t so crap it could do damage.

I really need to know steps how to overclock manually on my Asus P5W DH Deluxe board. When I go manual, its a bit confusing.

Anyone using this board and overclocking... please give tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom