Cooling Help Please....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charbo

In Runtime
Ok so here is my plan. my specs are in sig so i wont mention them here. i was sondering if this wwould be good. i want to get 3 thermaltake thunderblade 120mm fans to replace the stock case fans, as they are not that quiet. i was wondering if there are any other fans that are quiet as well that would be better. also, i want to get the zalman 7700 to replace the stock amd hsf combo and i have checked the size, it will fit. i know that is a good fan and it has a fan controller so i dont need to worry about noise. i think i will get 2 nv silencer 5's for my video cards, as the asus has 2 slots in between pci-e instead of just 1 like most so i belive that will leave room for cooling. im also getting a new powersupply, either a Rosewill 550 or a Thermaltake 560 . i think that is all i would need to make my pc preety quiet. please let me know what you think as i really want to do this soon:rolleyes: thx:D

ps. i was lloking on newegg and saw this Chipset Cooler i was wondering if that would be a good choice to quiet the chipset on the board as well...

Charbo, i can suggest some quiet fans. Just remember that quiet, means less cooling. You can get 1 120mm fan, that can do the work of 2-3 120mm fans. Also, where will these 120mm fans be?For a important suggestion, their are really 2 things about great air cooling. One, is the size and speed of the fan. Second, is the place/position of the fan.

But since you want a silent system. Then you absolutely have to place those fans in the best positions. This is because you will have fans pushing alot less air. Thats what silent is. So in order for you to work with that, you must position them well. Weak fans must be on target. I suggest puting a high-out put fan on your removable side panel, blowing air striaght at your cpu/mobo. Then just use silent fans. With the acception of that high out-put fan, you would really be droping those temps.

Here is the high out-put fan. This fan would really decrease your temps. On your removable side panel.
http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-22.html

For your silent fans, i suggest the Vantec Stealth's.
http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-38.html

ok i have 1 120 in front pushing in, 1 120 in bac pullin gout and 1 120 on side pusihing in on vid cards. i was going to get stealths as i have them at a local shop but i heard they wernt as quiet but i like them. i think i will get 3 stealths, the 2 silencers and the zalman 7700, buti still dont kjnow what psu:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom