Cooling Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

forlorn_ronin

In Runtime
Ok so I've got an AMD64 3200 socket 939 chip with an X800 XT AIW vid card. My motherboard is an Abit AV8 Guru. I have 1 front 120MM case fan blowing in. I have 1 back 120MM case fan blowing out. I have 1 fan stock cooling on the chip and have not overclocked at all. I have 1 fan on the X800 which came with it. And I have my power supply fan. So all in all I have 5 fans. I have had temps of 76 C ?! Now I noticed on Abits forum that they have had trouble with this motherboards therm readings. This might be the case. But, To lower this temp reading what should I do? I have PCI slots left would either one of these work?

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556041894.html

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556017165.html

Or maybe both in combination?

Help anybody!

Also Can I adjust the speed of my cpu fan through my bios? If yes then what else should I know about this? Will it affect anything else? On my motherboard with my stock cooling through my bios will changing the fan speed hurt anything?

dang man ain't seen a triple post in a while! with all that cooling it should run under normal specs. i think it's mostlikly the thermal sensor.

Yeah, I would ignore it myself, as you have good cooling. Do you have stock heatsink with the thermalpad/nice thin layer of thermal compound covering the cpu?

My cpu used to read 12*C as idle temps for a while, but my BIOS was corrupt a few days later, so that was probally just the bios going dodgy. If you are worried about it, then you can get a thermal probe to go onto the heatsink and tell you the real temps (it would be a couple of degrees above, due to it not being dirrectly on the core.

Don't bother getting the pci coolers, they are only half good at cooling video cards.

btw. haxer, look at your sig, you put bg instead of gb.

Question though. How do I get it to read the correct temp. My board is An Abit AV8 Guru for an AMD 64 socket 939. I noticed on Abit's board that they have been having probs with this. What's the fix?

Also will increasing my stock cooling fans speed help? I can do this through the bios. And if so by how much rpm? I do have stock cooling on the cpu with antec 5. Similar to arctic silver. I am just shocked that its reading so high at 76C!?

76C? That can't be good for the hardware. If possible, take your cover off, it'll lower the temperature by about 1-2 degrees. Also make sure your room is cool at the time, to keep the temp. down as well. I've seen people actually drill holes in their cases and install little 2 x 2 inch electrical fans, they just plug em up to a socket. Get creative man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom