Cooling Fans and Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
I know that there are a lot of topics about fans here, so please donÂ’t beat me up over thisÂ…

I recently bought the Aspire X-II Dreamer Gaming case, and it came equipped with NOISY fans (as well as a noisy power sourceÂ…Note: Do NOT buy that case!). Anyway, I am stuck with it now, but I am NOT going to be stuck with the noise.

What are the best kinds of fans that I can put in there? I need two regular sizes, as well as a big 180mm for the back. I like the LED lights on them, but that is not necessary.

Also, what is the best power supply that I can put in? I need one that has the 24pin (I have PCI Express), and is REALLY quiet.

I assume you are from the US.

180mm fans do not exist for main market - do you mean 120mm? and standard size is 80mm?

Anyway, go with what you think is an acceptable noise, it doesn't bother me, but you may want some super quiet fans.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835129033 ??

and some super quiet 80mm's?

Go for fortron PSU's or smartpower from antec is extremly quiet, as I found out in a build.

for quiet fans, you i would have to go for the panalfo L1a for 80mm and a Nexus or Scythe S-Flex fan for 120mm. Those 120's are extremely silent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom