Cooling : Fan I/O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franko

Beta member
On the back of my case there are 2 spots where you can place fans. My question is do I place one fan to blow into the case and on to blow out of case (to remove hot air)? Also on the case I have a fan on the side blowing in...

-Franko

CIao FranKo!

Not knowing the type of case that you have, the cpu you are using, O/C'd or not, video card etc,,,, this is just a GENERIC answer,,,modify as needed

I would look to see if you have a vent at the front of the case, and an area that is able to mount a fan,, most cases have this available,,

I would place a fan at the front blowing in,, get a fan with a variable speed adjuster,, little bit more$$ but you get the airflow and quiet factor that you want,, ON THE FRONT OF THE CASE have the fan BLOWING IN,,, this should then go across the MOBO,,

This is an air intake, in addition to the side panel fan that you have,,,

ON THE BACK ,, put another variable speed fan,,and crank this one FULL throttle to a sound level you can manage,,

This is your exhaust,, this will ensure uni-directional airflow across the MOBO,,,

further,, the PSU should have at least ONE fan in it,, your CPU will have a cooling fan on it,, and your video card will have a cooling fan on it too?

With all these fans, and the airflow,,you should keep cool ...

cheers,

CrashAbbott: Thanks for the help...

The case I have is a Enermax CS-3051L-S3A and I will most likely have an AMD processor.

-Franko

yup,...thats generally what i've observed with the many customized cases that i've seen...front of the case is intake,..back of the case is exhaust...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom