cooling for dual 8500gt's...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
my friend just got these is his comp.. it was a special like buy one get one half off so he got both and they are set up sli.... anybody know of a good cooler that i could get for them... need 2x of course...lol but i know that there is limited space between them..

bleh. Aint worth it!

8500GT cards suck! I got one only as a temporary card til I get my 2900 Pro....

THIS CARD BLOWS FAT NUTS! It overclocks like crazy (almost 50% oc) but it still sucks.

^Keep in mind it's his friend and he obviously chose the card for a reason, whether the reason that he's a noob or not is personal matter.

Newegg.com - Thermalright HR-03 Plus VGA Cooler - Retail

As for the cooler, everyone recommends this, but I'm not sure if he'll fit 2 of 'em.

Arctic cooling makes much cheaper ones, I'm not sure of it's cooling performance but AC is known for good bang for the buck.

I don't think the HR-03 will fit 8500GT cards....and its WAY overkill. They run quite cool.

I would just return the cards and get something decent.

2 8500GTs in SLI still can't beat a single 8600GT, and that's HARDLY a good card.

thats funny stuff right there ^

but u can say the same thing about the 8600gts or GT too

you can probably run them as a passively cooled sli they produce hardly any heat but if he is going for those insane clocks then the thermalright is the way or watercooling.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom