Cooling the AMD AthlonXP CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the CoolerMaster Jet 7 OIDanTheManIO? I've been looking at that one, and its gotten some decent ratings.

OIDanTheManIO said:
I just replaced my CPU Thermal Compund and I am currently using CPU CooL to measure the temps of my computer.

what are the temps?

What do you think of the CoolerMaster Jet 7 OIDanTheManIO? I've been looking at that one, and its gotten some decent ratings.
Hey kinko, I got the coolermaster jet7. Some people will tell you its worthless cause 'it only pushes 22CFM' but thats not the only factor you look at. You also gotta look at its max air pressure which is 10 compared to the 75CFM Volcano 12 which has a max air pressure of 9......now with all that extra CFM the tornado has it still has less pressure....The heatsink on the coolermaster could be better and chances are it'll need a good lapping. Thats what I'm doing with mine. Its not as loud as I thought it would be, but sound is subjective, but if you already have a few fans running then you won't be able to hear it at all even at full speed.

All in all its a pretty dern good HSF but the SLK-900A is like one of the TOP heatsinks available, but that comes without a fan. Couple that with a Vantec 92mm Tornado at 119CFM you'll have a LOUD A$$ but cool CPU :D

hey Nubius, what made you chose the XP2400+ mobile over the XP2500? i am thinking of doing the same thing for my new computer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom