cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

devil_warrior

In Runtime
what is better for a computer. to have a fan cooling system or water one. and can someone please explain the water cooling system please.

If you have the money, get a watercooling system.
This is how it works, You have to secure a radiator to a little tank filled with liquid(even though it is called water cooling, most companies use an electric friendly substance) the cold liquid is pumped from the little tank to the radiator which the liquid is then chilled, then it goes to the heat sink on the CPU and displaces heat with cold, the warm water comes back to the radiator to be cooled again.. Most water cooling systems can be used within your computer, but some also have external parts to do this. The coolest thing you can get is a VapoChill, it keeps the cpu at like -80c. very expensive $800

FROM VAPOCHIL WEBSITE ...

"VapoChill LightSpeed CPU cooler used to overclock a 3.8GHz to 5279MHz"

OMG, that is fast,
What happens if you touch the cooling pipes while its working? I assume your finger freezes and then falls off?
if this thing ever going to be practicaly needed? or is it like I assume a fun toy?

bit of both :p well more fun toy, that has a good use, as the excuse to buy it :p

what was the temperature of the cpu pre overclock and after?

I couldnt find that, it was a post on their forums so didnt have too much detailed info. although i did only glance quickly

The vapochill probably will eventuall become the standard way of cooling computer parts once it becomes more affordable. Airflow cooling can only go so far, and with hardware temperatures progressively rising with newer parts, fans will not be able to keep up forever without incredibly obnoxious RPMs.

Watercooling will begin to take over as the norm once Longhorn is released I'd say, and then vapochill will eventually take it's place once watercooling becomes outdated or incapable of adaquently cooling parts.

Nah I don't think watercooling will be norm just with the longhorn release. I'd say it wouldnt be until AMD has 3GHz+ chips and those are becoming the norm which will be a couple years.

As for vapochill they get to approx -45C not -80C unless they have a dual cascade phase change setup.

I've seen the vapochill in a couple of places for like $550, which IMO is pretty good considering you can spend that and more solely on a graphics card lol.

But yeah it has insulation all around it so there's no way you could touch any cold part of the phase change for the person who was asking about that.

The only part that's exposed is the copper head that rests on the CPU Core....but yeah if you DID touch that you'd get insta-frost bite and it's probably burn to ever living hell to the point where it'd feel like fire.

I was implying more that watercooling would start becoming more popular than airflow cooling around the time of Longhorns release, but it wouldn't become more popular because of Longhorn, I was just using that as some sort of timeframe. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom