Which cooler? AM2/AM2+ Suggestions Welcomed! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to NightSurge
Default Re: Which cooler? AM2/AM2+ Suggestions Welcomed!

I haven't even touched my voltage from stock. Last I checked it was at 1.325v according to AMD Overdrive (just used for testing, didn't actually use that for my OC). When I take the side panel off of my case, it drops the temps about 2-3C in the first few minutes so I'm assuming it's mostly just my case's airflow. I'm taking measures to fix that, though. See this thread:
Cooling Upgrade Options
Especially page 2.

I'm also slightly considering lapping my CPU.

If I was helpful, please click the icon on the left hand side of this message that looks like a check mark Thanks!

Old 08-14-2009, 12:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Which cooler? AM2/AM2+ Suggestions Welcomed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by surgeVel View Post
I haven't even touched my voltage from stock. Last I checked it was at 1.325v according to AMD Overdrive (just used for testing, didn't actually use that for my OC). When I take the side panel off of my case, it drops the temps about 2-3C in the first few minutes so I'm assuming it's mostly just my case's airflow. I'm taking measures to fix that, though. See this thread:
Cooling Upgrade Options
Especially page 2.

I'm also slightly considering lapping my CPU.
I'm going to do the whole lapping thing too. I've already voided any warranty eMachines would have given me anyway, as the only original thing in the case is the power supply.

I went to pick up the Scythe last night, but the guy sold out, and wouldn't be getting any more. So, I picked up an XFX 4650 1GB card, for $40, which is less than Newegg's price for a re-certified one... Tested it out for a little while, and played some games. Couldn't do much with a cheap power supply.

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 : AMD FX 9370 : Corsair H100i GTX Cooler : 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 1600 (4x4Gb) : XFX 7970 Ghz 3GB x 2 : PNY XLR8 256GB SSD : Seagate 1TB : Antec True Power Quattro 1000W : Thermaltake G41
Closed Thread