Considering this ... HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ive been looking at nestegg (I think thats the name) and have seen a few things."
I believe you mean Newegg.com. Good site. Also try www.zipzoomfly.com.

mobo brands - Abit or Asus

PSU(power supply) brands - Thermaltake or Enermax (something like that lol)

sound card brands - Creative Labs

CPU - AMD (gaming CPU) or Intel (applications CPU)

Video Card brands - ATi or nVidia (9900 at least for ATi or 6000 for nVidia [don't use nVidia so I don't know])

Hard drive brands - Hitachi or Western Digital (NOT Maxtor, apparently, they're horrible)

Optical Drives brands - Lite-On, Sony...can't think of any others at the moment.

Case brands - have no clue...sorry.

Mainly, the choice of the mobo determines all the other kinds of parts you buy, so choose wisely...very wisely, or let someone reccomend a good one to you. About your question of celeron and pentium CPU speeds: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28257 . Hope it helps! And your XP question...I don't know of anywhere that sells preloaded OSs.

You are welcome. Hang on, though. I forgot RAM brands: Corsair, Crucial, or Kingston.

And I meant 9800 for ATi, not 9900 (no such thing, I think)

shhhhh....maxtors are good hds. you can get a 300 gb 16mb cache for 225. it will have access speeds of a 10k raptor. as far as cases go...get one with some fans and atleast 350 watt ps.and something that youll like looking at would be nice too

-Corey

A lot of people dislike Maxtors. They say that they (Maxtors) dish out a lot of problems. One guy once said that his Maxtor literally blew up.

For the cases, DO NOT use the psu given with the case...they=HORRIBLE PSU!!!!! I got my case and the 1st thing I did was take out the psu that came with it. For a seperate psu, get one with at least 450W. 350W Won't cut it. If you like to mod cases, then you could buy a boring, beige case and turn it into something spectacular; maybe better than "already-modded" cases like the xaser cases.

Sure (not sarcastic). I mean, if I didn't have the money to get a seperate psu, then I would have used the case psu. But it would probably be better to get a seperate one. It would give you better performance, I'm sure. Either way works, but, if your paranoid about your first system (like me) and want good items, then you may not want to use the case psu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom