Computer Won't Start anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberkil

Solid State Member
Just like to say hello to the community, and that I'm new here, so give me a break :). Anyway, hope you can help.

I just recently built a rig that I'm going to be using for digital audio recording. As for specs:

P4 3.0ghz Prescott
FOXCONN 865M01-G-6ELS Mobo
1 Gig Corsair Value Select PC3200
DVD/CD RW combo drive
Rosewill Radeon 9600 128MB
450watt Micro ATX PSU
200 gig Seagate SATA

At any rate, I did my shopping, got everything that I needed for what I'll be doing, and had my computer running great for the first couple of days. I decided to test out my DVD/CD RW combo drive and burn a few CD's. After successfully burning my first CD, I clicked on a button to burn another, and my computer went off. I haven't been able to start it since (for about 3 days now.)

When turning on the computer, it gets a small jolt of power, and then dies again. I think it might be the PSU, but I couldn't imagine it burning out. I've checked all of my connections, made sure nothing was grounding out, and taken several other measures to attempt to figure out what was wrong with the system. my P4 was running at 37C and the box ambience 29C, so I don't think it was a matter of heat.

Any suggestions?

Well I made a similar post about a month ago with my new setup. The problem was EXACTLY the same, and I suggest that you unplug all the fans (that was my problem) to see if you can boot. If still you cannot, try connecting just the 4pin and 20pin to the motherboard (with all the cards and drives still connected, just no power, but no fans). If computer boots, this is good, you should hear a noise because I believe that card needs a power connection, if so it will beep because it doesn't have it. Next, install the video card with power.

Afterwords follow ONE AT A TIME!! with the following:
HD
Drives(1 at a time)
fans
case lighting

You should figure out where your problem is by seeing when the computer won't boot after plugging a certain thing in.

mine turned off once.. and then it wouldnt turn on again.. my friend fixed it tho.. he took some jumpers off or sumthin i think =\

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. I was going to ask, might my memory stick have burned out or something? I've heard that bad memory can cause all kinds of weird things.

I doubt that ram would cause that, closest problem I have ever had to this was an on off switch malfunctioning. It would stick down when you turned it on and in three seconds power off.

You need to narrow down your problem, try removing all non essential componets and by that I mean even the cables for panel switches, cdrom, any front panel usb's. Only the vid, one ram stick, cpu, hsf, and thats it. If it comes on with no problems then reconnect 1or 2 things at a time to find the problem.

Generally if the RAM is shot it'll either simply power up but nothing will come on the screen, or if you do get into windows it'll error and give you blue screens, things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom