Computer will not boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
Installed everything on my new computer

When i hit the power the CPU fan and case fans begin to spin but i get a blank screen. I have a 9800XT ATI and the fan on that does NOT spin when the computer is started. I have also tried starting it with a Geforce ti 4200 and the fan on that one DOES spin but still i get no video. It will not even go into BIOS.

slvrstang said:
Installed everything on my new computer

When i hit the power the CPU fan and case fans begin to spin but i get a blank screen. I have a 9800XT ATI and the fan on that does NOT spin when the computer is started. I have also tried starting it with a Geforce ti 4200 and the fan on that one DOES spin but still i get no video. It will not even go into BIOS.

Hmm, try resetting the bios, via the cmos jumper on the motherboard. Or just pull the cmos battery out and put it back in. I know that sounds dumb but that has fixed a few problems I had that were somewhat like that, other than the fan on your card not working....

Re: Re: Computer will not boot

ChaosBlizzard said:
Hmm, try resetting the bios, via the cmos jumper on the motherboard. Or just pull the cmos battery out and put it back in. I know that sounds dumb but that has fixed a few problems I had that were somewhat like that, other than the fan on your card not working....

didn't help at all

fan still does not turn and still no screen

It bothers me that the fan doesnt work on that graphics card. If you can, try using that card in another system to see if it works normally. If not I would either send it back to have it repaired/replaced or I would get a new fan and put it on myself. Also have you tried switching some cabels out, such as IDE cables. Sometimes something little can go and cause all kinds of problems. You just have to keep testing if you can, example, if you have another psu around, try swapping it.

i can tell u right now. Its the PSU. ITs not powerful enough. The fans are spinning but thats bacisally all it can do... so u need a bigger PSU. What are ur system specs?

Monster00 said:
i can tell u right now. Its the PSU. ITs not powerful enough. The fans are spinning but thats bacisally all it can do... so u need a bigger PSU. What are ur system specs?

Wow you can tell all that without system information. You are omniscient I tell you! I assume he has enough power, I cant tell without any information. We should make it a point to list all hardware information in a signature, that would reduce many many questions.

ok.... I can tell becuase if nothings booting up, if his fans are working but if his video card is not working then there is only 1 problem. Not enough power. This kid i know had the same problem. The fans would spin but it would not boot up. His PSU was the problem. He replaced it and got a bigger one (350 to 420 watt) and it worked. Its simple logic if you ask me...

Monster00 said:
ok.... I can tell becuase if nothings booting up, if his fans are working but if his video card is not working then there is only 1 problem. Not enough power. This kid i know had the same problem. The fans would spin but it would not boot up. His PSU was the problem. He replaced it and got a bigger one (350 to 420 watt) and it worked. Its simple logic if you ask me...

Never had the problem. I always made it a point to spend a lil extra and get the 480 watt psu. To me its a crucial device. Right now im using a voodoo 5 agp card, a maxtor hard drive, a cd-rom 2 sticks of memory and other various components with a 320 watt psu with no problems.

I wonder how many hard drives this guy has though. Along with anythig else....

the PSU to MOBO power cable was not inserted entirely which was why the VID card's fan did not spin and i had no vid card

me=retard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom