Computer Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
Hey guys, i read like 30 different posts and overal i see ur computer temperatures are around 40-50ish. Couple were in the 30s.. weird... How do u guys make urs so hot? oc? i didnt oc yet cuhz i was scared 30 c / 91 f was to hot T_T. Any suggestions if i should just go ahead and oc?

oh btw i have a amd athlon 64 2800+ ( i couldnt get a 3200 or 3000 cause i litterally had no money left over and im just 14 wid no allowance or any source of income besides christmas =D)

Some chips run cooler than other's it's luck

My 3400+ OC'ed to a 3800+ idles all the way down to 27 on boot, and 28 after an hour

Well make sure to thoroughly, and I mean THOROUGHLY read that sticky up at the top regarding basics of OC'ing. Once you've done that and understand it, make yourself completely familiar with your BIOS layout so whenever you may have a question and we tell you what you need to change you'd know where to go.

Also make sure your BIOS has all the adequate options TO overclock otherwise you don't really have that much room to OC.

To answer your temp question though, it's simply that some CPU's run hotter, some people may have little to no system fans, the room temperature, things like that all play a role.

My old 2400+ XP was hitting 64C idle, until I got better cooling it hit a whopping 55C idle :p god knows what it hit on load.

With my XP-M I'm in the 30's plus I OC it.

EDIT: Oh yeah with your temps you have plenty of room to OC assuming your board has adequate options.

Okay kool Nubius, i see, well im familiar with my comp bios and i have a ASUS Ai K8N nforce 3 250. Yeah so room temperature has to do with it huh? no wonder... my rooms so cold because i have no insulation on the floor or on the side walls or roof at that matter. lol im telling u im not that kinda rich.... my rooms actualy a shack behind the house lol buht hey its cold and thats good for my computer!! woo!! lol. Anyways just giv me the word on go ahead and overclock aitey sir i will =D thanks everyone

Trust me man I'm far from rich. I'm still on Socket A :p

But I've put a good chunk of money in this system but that's over the course of months not over night.

But yeah, my room is regularly at 70-75F which makes quite a difference in temp compared to say 68C.

The colder the room air, the colder the air being sucked in and pushed in the system is.

Oh hey Nubius and DJ-Chris or anyone out there... My computer moniter has really really really horible scratches on it and i was wondering if theres anything out there that is strong enough to take off the scratches. I tried the lil 10 dollar bottler ones where u wipe it buht it doesn work... Any ideas? If i have to spend the money to buy a new moniter the i wont have my 6600 GT T_T!! and thats not good!! lol

I wouldent worry all that much about temps. It dont take much to drop your temps, but it also dont take much to raise your temps. Since your house is cold, then that works out better for you. Personally, once my system is finished, im leaving my window open a little in winter. Then in summer im going to do my best keeping it cool. Who knows, i might even have to low my OC settings in summer.

Since you dont have much money, and since your young. Its not going to be easy making money. OC dont take much money, but it does include some. Your going to need to get a few fans, and a new heatsink/cpu fan. Around 125$ you could be well on your way for some OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom