Computer specs and overclockability

Status
Not open for further replies.

LenardNemoi

Baseband Member
Hey, firstly I just want to say that this is a great technical board with plenty of information going around!

I've been interested in computers for years... but only just recently have I been able to experience the joy of putting together my own system from separately bought parts.

Now im starting to do my research about overclocking... but before I start doing anything I would like some feedback about my setup in relation to overclocking, tweaking and even what could be improved!

My system specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Gigabyte P35-DS3P (Platform LGA775)
CPU: Intel Pentium E2160 1.8Ghz (Revision M0)
Memory: 1X 2gig Adata DDR2 800Mhz
GPU: 512Mb Nvidia 9600GT
PSU: Coolermaster RealPower Pro 750Watt

750GB WD Caviar, 320GB Seagate, 80GB WD.
Pioneer dvd burner
All this in the Coolermaster Stacker RC830 case.

Coolermaster.jpg

Coolermaster_4.jpg

Coolermaster_2.jpg

Coolermaster_3.jpg

I'm not a pro with overclocking, but I think those processors are suppose to overclock pretty well. From reading reviews and talking with others, the P35 boards are great overclockers too.

Get an after market cooler instead of the stock heatsink for one thing...you probably won't be able to overclock very far with it. And I'm not to sure ( not at all ) but I think you might need more RAM

Ive been looking at a few air coolers but can't seem to decide on whats good... I wouldnt mind something that looks nice, but I would prefer function over form.

So far ive looked at the Noctua NH-C12P
noctua_nh_c12p_1.jpg

and a few of the thermaltake stuff.... are there any brands which are known to excel specifically in the air cooling business? If so please share ;)

zalman 9700 all the way!

Nice case! too bad its too expensive for my budget :(

Zalman's are overpriced, I'll never recommend one ever again

Stick with the Rifle or the RCX-Z775, the Rifle gets similar performance and is way cheaper

i like that case. Rifle ftw. I think that first poster meant you should have used 2 sticks of ram, instead of one, to utilize dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom