Computer Shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytoosmall

In Runtime
This question applies to the comp in my sig. I have a weird problem that I wanted to run by everyone. When I run games like Supreme Commander or Warhammer: Mark of Chaos on the highest resolutions that my monitor will handle, my computer will eventually just shut off. I have narrowed it down to the graphics cards. They are not overheating and I have no problem in 3dMark. If I lower the resolution, it takes longer for the shutdown to occur. And now I am down to a resolution that seems to not have the problem. But does anyone know how I can resolve this. Is it drivers? Usually games just crash but this problem just shuts the whole computer off. Thanks for any advice.

how have you narrowed it to the card?
did you set everything back to stock speed (RAM and cpu) and it still happened?
i have had the same problem, it was when either my cpu was unstable or my RAM was clocked too high.
if you have your graphics overclocked, try setting them back to stock as well.
basically, what i am saying is, set EVERYTHING to stock and then start ocing one thing at a time until you see the problem.
so, oc cpu, everything else stock. no problems, set cpu to stock, oc graphics, etc.
otherwise, yes. it could be drivers as well. if you have the latest, try using a slightly older version.

okay, i put the cards back to stock and it seems to have fixed the problem. What is weird is that it only happens in those 2 games, no Company of Heroes or Never Winter Nights 2. Odd. But that seems to have fixed it. Once new drivers come out I'll push the oc back up and see if it is more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom