Baseband Member
Hi, first my specs
e-GeForce 6800 128MB gfx card
AMD 64 3400+ cpu
Dual Corsair 1 GB RAM
NF3 Lanparty 250 gb chipset mobo
Maxtor 200 GB hard drive
WriteMaster DVD Rewritable cd drive

Now, I just ordered everything but the hdd and cd drive off newegg just a week ago. I set it all up, and since the mobo didn't have an outlet for my monitor plug-in (it said it was a COM port in my mobo manual), I plugged the monitor right into the gfx card outlet. When I turned on the computer, I saw no screen on the monitor plus, the graphics card fan didn't turn on. At first, I thought it was the graphics card, but then I tried my old card which is a GeForce 4800( not positive) 128 MB. This also didn't work, but the fan turned on.

So then I took the 6800 card and put it in my old setup, which was an Intel setup, and it worked.

Now my question is whether or not the mobo's agp slot was damaged, or whether the graphics card just wont work with the mobo.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry if my computer talk isnt the greatest, I've just started learning about them.

Ok you need to plug power into the back of your card most likely. Your mobo cant supply enough power to the card.

Im guessing its the mobo and im like 98% sure of it.

Ok, I've plugged in the cord to the back of the card, and still no luck. Are you saying that I should get a different and more powerful mobo now? Or could it be that the mobo is just damaged?

Please, I need more responses. Also, does anyone know if i should ask for an RMA from DFI or ask from newegg?

ok so both cards are agp? if they are then its got to be ur mobo. if u have an old pci video card try putting it in there and see what happense

So did you try different slot or what? When I recieved my computer, the soundcard was not being reconized(sp). I moved it up one space, worked perfect.

Get an rma from newegg there really good about that stuff. Also he cant move the graphics card to a different slot it is agp and the mobo has only one slot. So my advice to you is to contact newegg and send it back for a replacement. Although if you can try the graphics card in another computer.

I dont think it would be the mobo. What kind of power supply do you have? I cant believe your mobo dident have the monitor outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom