computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

DahWhon

Baseband Member
Im building my first computer and it wont go into bios, doesnt beep, and nothing comes up on the moniter. The Fans and lights only work. The mother board i bought did not come with a com2 port but only a com1 port, so i could not hook the moniter up to the motherboard directly. I had to buy a agp video card to hook up the moniter, but it still did not work. I hooked in the power supply that came with the case, and it started sparking and ####, because one of the wires was backwards. I hooked up another power supply and the mother board did what it did before, the fans just started going, and the case lights went on. I dont think i fryed anything because the same thing happened before and after i owned the power supply. I need someones help figuring out this problem, thanx.

the power supply did, not the motherboard, and there was no change in what the motherboard did from before it sparked and after

the power supply is deffinately fried, but i have another one and it is not helping the fact that i cant enter bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom