computer keeps crashing and restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok that memory has great timings. the stock voltage is 2.0-2.05V, and i am willing to wager that your mobo doesn't run it that hot on "auto". it's probably 1.8-1.9V or something. so, change that.
also, that ram has a command rate of 1T @ 800mhz, which makes it very unlikely that it will overclock much (if at all) with its stock timings (which are 4-4-4-15). i would raise the voltage first. if that doesnt solve the problem, i would loosen the timings to 5-5-5-15, leaving the command rate at 1T. if that doesnt work, i would then raise the command rate to 2T. your ram is made to be fast without overclocking, so it probably doesnt overclock that well (but...it doesnt really need to...good job on picking that out).
lemme know how that goes.

Okay, going to try that now, what does 1t at 800mhz mean exactly? What is the T? I know that the best timings are 4-4-4-12 or 4-4-4-15 i think, but I'm not sure what the means either lol. Going to try it now though.

so I did that, and it totally ****ed my computer. i set it to 1t instead of auto. i set it to ddr2800 instead of auto, and 1.95 volts instead of auto (that was the highest it went). computer wouldn't boot, did obne long beep followed by 2 short ones. i had to take out all my ram besides one 512 sticks. when doing so, i realized the 512 sticks say 4-5-4 @ 2.1 V whereas the 2 gig sticks are 4-4-4 @ 2.1ghz. it seems i cant even set it to 2.1ghz in the bios. and since they are different timings or w/e is that effecting anything?

timings should not be that big of a deal. if neccessary, set the 2gig sticks to 4-5-4(although...that is ODD). do you have the latest bios for your mobo? it should allow you to raise the voltage on the ram to 2.1+ (i would think).
1T means it takes 1 clock cycle to "find" a memory bank, vs. 2T where it takes 2 clock cycles to "find" the memory bank. this only happens the first time data is attempted to be fetched from memory, and all following accesses to that chip are done w/o delay, making the command rate null after the initial chip fetch.
its an ongoing argument if there is a tremendous difference. i say there is, BUT...when you use a 1T command rate, you cant overclock as far. so, if you have ddr2 1100 @ 2T, it is really just as fast as ddr2 850 @ 1T.

I honestly can't say if I have the latest bios or not. Not sure how to update it, I don't want to totally mess up my computer

google how to do it. it is probably much easier than you think. its kind of scary the first time, but its no big deal after that. my current asus mobo has a windows flash utility, yours may have one as well. then its really easy and not scary.

under bios settings ive seen something that says "flash" but idk what that means really lol.

To flash an ASUS board, you can use the ASUS Update utility, it will let you flash inside of windows.

I has to flash mine when i upgraded to the 5000+ BE.

All right thanks, is there anything else I need to know? Or do I just go to asus.com and look for "flash bios"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom