computer has slowed down dramatically!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
i don't know whats going on, but it seems like every day it gets slower and slower. i just now did a super pi and, to my horror, it has slowed down about FOURseconds to 33.529 seconds. it used to be about 29.3~~. what is going on!?!? i've run every spyware and virus program i have and they're not coming up with anything. the only programs that start up with windows is mbm5 and nvcpl which is needed to save OC settings on coolbits.

it gets worse and worse daily! i've also noticed that webpages take FOREVER to load, almost as slow as they did when i had dial up. :(

OH!!!!!!! it just dawned on me, that all this started after i loaded folding@home. i uninstalled it, but my comp was never the same. i only ran it for about a day and a half before i got tired of it, do you think it permanetly damaged something??? im scared lol...

Clean your registry and defrag it. I use TweakNow and RegCompact for this... both are free on MajorGeeks.

hmm 5292 safe things to delete. this sounds like my whole registry? is it really safe to delete all these? i used tweaknow.

If TweakNow said that they are safe, then they are.

If you use RegCompact, start it and let it do its thing. When it is done you have to reboot.

You may want to download O&O Defrag as well. I use the pro version. Awesome defragger, leaves the Windows defrag in the dust.

Have you tried reformating? Check all your bios settings and make sure everything is running at full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom