Computer doesn't want to overclock my E6300..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've got it overclocked now. I used Easy Tune (the motherboard utility for gigabyte boards). I normally wouldn't, but since it didnt want to OC for me in BIOS, that was my last option. Originally I couldn't use it because it doesn't work with vista, but I set the option for it to run in XP compatibility and it works.

Currently I have it running stable at 2.275, it doesn't like going past 2.3, so I'll start messing with the vcore tomorrow. I'm on stock cooling, but my temps have only hit 49 while running ORTHOS, so I'm not very worried about the temps just yet :)

The Vcore might help. I hope my E6300 gets up to 2.5Ghz at least, whenever I get it. Ordered it together with an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. I'm not gonna overclock straight out of the box though.

TheMajor said:
The Vcore might help. I hope my E6300 gets up to 2.5Ghz at least, whenever I get it. Ordered it together with an Asus P5W DH Deluxe. I'm not gonna overclock straight out of the box though.

Honestly, it doesn't even need to be overclocked, it's a great chip on its own. I've owned mine since early September, and all my friends with C2D's have theirs OCed and load a lot quicker than me in company of heroes, so I decided it was time to find some way to OC this ******* :p

KingAustin said:
Currently I have it running stable at 2.275, it doesn't like going past 2.3, so I'll start messing with the vcore tomorrow. I'm on stock cooling, but my temps have only hit 49 while running ORTHOS, so I'm not very worried about the temps just yet :)

you should look into a new heat sink. I have that same cpu and mobo as you do. when i OC'd to 2.3 i had 30c temps. Zalman 9500.

I understand this. My friends all have e6300's or 6600's with the 9500, but right now the e6300 at stock speeds does just fine, so I probably wont be buying a 9500 since my temps are still under control at the current speed. Also I'm not sure if it will fit in my current case.

As long as you have a mid-tower, you should be fine. I have a NZXT Apollo and a Zalman9500 fits with ease on my ds3. I know I could get a 9700 on there no problem too.

KingAustin said:

are you using the easy made to OC in easytune 5 or advanced mode? beacuse when u oc in the easy it will only let you get to about 2.2 because your MHz FSB is set at stock 266 MHz. The easy mode will only take you to about 320 fsb. If you go into your Advance mode you set your CPU FSB to much higher rate. 429 fsb = 3.0 Mhz. And you not worried about temps? 50c? @ 2.2 ghz? ummm i would be you go any higher you will hit 60c very quick and thats not good. a $45 part will save you 20c, also get arctic silver 5 thermal compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom