Computer doesn't want to overclock my E6300..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingAustin

Daemon Poster
Alright, so all the parts in my sig are what I'm trying to overclock with, and it just wont budge. My friend has a very similar setup to mine, except he has ddr2 667 and a DS3 revision 2, while mine is revision 1. I understand quite a bit about overclocking and even set everything as he has set in his BIOS (I have the F10 BIOS btw) and it wont go. I've gone through and changed all the settings multiple times (at least 50 restarts with no success). My system is fine in every way, nothing is shorted on the motherboard, everything works just great, ran memtest overnight. the fker just wont overclock and it's ****ing me off so much!

Can anyone offer some advice?

let me guess you boot and it tells you a boot disk failure even on a 5mhz overclock? if it is i know the issue your talking about.

No, I dont get a boot disk failure, either I dont get a POST or it will start POSTing and then restart.

I've ran memtest plenty of times, and temps surely arent an issue since it wont even boot if I bump it up 1 mhz.

I got the same crap with my e6600 one day. I took someone elses numbers and used those to hopefully get 3Ghz on my DS3 965p and e6600. Restarted 10 times in a row, couldnt get to BIOS, then I gave up on it. Cleared cmos, no harm done. I have no idea what the **** is wrong.

Having the same problem with my 6300. Got it up to like 2.1 Ghz and done, won't even post. Had to clear CMOS to get it goin again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom