Computer dampening question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aexin

Baseband Member
Has anyone tried any of that computer noise dampening material? If so, would you recommend it and what company did you choose?

I say just turn your computer off at night, I dont think there is a huge different in noise. BUt I would think that it would just insulate it and contain all the heat the hardware emits.

i put rubber pads on all my fans, hardly any difference :confused:
it only cost 10 bucks though

using rubber washers between fans and the case should dampen a lot of sound. in my experience probably about 60-70% of sound is caused by the case vibrating so using rubber washers and basically padding anywhere where the case can vibrate against something or vice versa. using fan controllers or voltage modding fans may help to reduce overall sound. probably the best thing to do is to make your cooling more efficient to reduce the need for fans.

p.s. hdd's and cd-roms cause quite alot of vibration too and the idea of silencing them is to "decouple" them from the case once again with the use of something like a rubber washer. noisy hdd mechanisms could be silenced by using enclosed hdd coolers such as those Vantec make as for cd-rom's though i'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom