Computer case help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpeterburg

Beta member
Im looking to buy a computer case i have a ide motherboard does it matter if i which computer case i buy?????????????

IDE is not the size of the motherboard, it is the drive interface. The size would be ATX or M-ATXor AT or something to that effect. It does matter what size case you get, but if you have an ATX board an ATX case is all you need. You can get bigger, but you cant go small than a mid ATX case.

im is in a mini tower so what kind of new case should i get it prob is a mini and whould it say on my mother board what type of mother board it is??

I would find out the form factor of your motherboard before you do anything. Use my guide above.

Either that, or just find the brand and model of your board, and look it up on the web.

Either way, unless you go for a case only made for mini-ATX boards, you're fine.

I think you need to do a bit of research, friend. If you're buying a new case, then I'm assuming yer either transfering parts to the new case, or building a machine. Form factors for motherboards are simple and common knowledge which every PC user who tinkers with his/her stuff should know.

Easiest way for you to find out what motherboard you have:

Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z.

This will tell you what kind of motherboard you have (among other things).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom