Computer acting up after CPU upgrade and watercooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
I bought a new CPU and watercooling all at once, so I don't know what is causing my random freezes and restarts.
I upgraded to a 4800+ from an FX-57 since I'm always encoding movies and stuff to watch on my iPod =). I got watercooling as well that cools my CPU and GPU. Both temperatures are in a good range load on CPU is 34 celcius, idle is 21 (ambient is 20). GPU load is 35c, idle is 30 (why is it so high?).
My computer spazzes out usually when I Alt+tab out of F.E.A.R, or at random times right in the middle of a game it will just freeze for like 30 seconds and then it will be normal again. Also, when I try to run 3DMark06, when it does it's first test the screen gets weird where it kind of looks like static but with a bunch of diffrent colors, then the computer stops responding and if you let it sit long enough it will eventually restart.
I'm running Windows XP Professional 64 bit edition. I've never had any of these problems before I upgraded my stuff (except when I overclocked my GPU too far).
My 4800+ is overclocked to 2825mhz at 1.6v and it's completely stable (prime95 has run on it for over 30 hours (actually i forgot about it the night i was supposed to turn it off, but its all good. the longer the better) and ive let memtest86 loop for 15 hours.)
This is bugging me!!!

you psu(too little watts), your hdd, are you blue screening? or just random shutoff and restart?

if your having bugs and they fix after a little try upgrading bios, new is alot better for dual core

my PSU is 650w so thats not it.... it may be my hdd though cause sometimes i get the feeling that it is. is there some kind of test i can run to see if my hdd is good? like prime95 for hdds?
also about the bios upgrade. is that hard? i have a DFI lanparty expert UT sli.

dont know, i did it in an auto installer for my asus...

hmm hdd tester, if its blue screen its ur hdd, im almost sure, i was trying to get out a cathode cable from under the tray my hdd was and i touched the board under it by accident, when i finished i came bakc to the comp blue screened...
i iddnt unplug or plug anything in, so it was a ground on the hdd or shock something
(dfoes it to my laptop too, when i get static from my couch(yes i do), it shocks the comp sometimes and bluescreens, but this is rare, maybe three times in two years)

hmm well im not BSOD'ing... its just it freezes up for about 2 minutes then restarts in those situations described above... it could be a bug with FEAR, although the fact 3dmark06 doesnt work contradicts that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom