compaq upgarde

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey every one...i have an compaq presario 2.4 intel celeron
128 mb,40 gb hd.....i have no idea what kind graphic card..so i was wondering can i upgarde this computer ..?and if i can .can i change the cpu...?

Of course you can change your CPU...but the question is what type of
CPU do you want and what speed?
Better yet, what is the model # of your computer?

You should give specifications such as: your motherboard type, memory amount and any other information on your computer setup.

Good luck.

i say there is no point in upgrading this computer, only ram and harddrive, other than that you need a new motherboard, and that means like a whole new computer....

do you think ugrading the ram would make it faster....i mean should i do that ..and would any kind ram works..

Yes, adding more RAM should make your computer faster. No, not any kind of RAM will work. To find out what kind of RAM you have, and therefore what kind of RAM you can use, download CPU-Z from www.cpuid.com . This will tell you what speed,type, etc your RAM is.

I really dont think that u can change the cpu because i tried on a few compaq computer and the bios is completly locked and there are no features to change. i wouldn't bother upgrading maybe if u really dont like the speed u could try ur hand at overclocking

mobo: cpu-z will tell u

graphic card:

right click the desktop
properties
settings
advanced
adapter
OR
start
run
dxdiag
ok
display

ok ...this is what i have dude..
intel celeron 2.4
mobo:glendale chipset:i845gl
ram:128 ddr-sdram
intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV GRAPHICS CONTROLLERS
what kind upgard can i make so i can at least run 3d max and photoshop at the same time(i cant even run photoshop by it self)....would it be worth it to do this upgrade......?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom