Comp won't beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okitasoshi

In Runtime
I set up the same rig as last time i posted when it didn't display. Now it doesn't beep. Starts up and everything gets power but it won't boot. also my CD drive doesn't open when i press the open button. everything else like fans and stuff still work though.

What specs?

Generally when it doesn't beep at all it's signifying CPU or motherboard problems.

To truly troubleshoot it, pull the mobo out, set an anti-static bag on the motherboard box, and then the mobo ontop of that, plug in the power, the case speaker so you can hear any beeps, keyboard, stick of RAM, and vid card.

Pull out the vid card, if it beeps, then perhaps the vid card is the problem, could be something as simple as reseating it. Same with the RAM, pull it out and see if you do get some beeps. That would indicate the RAM is at fault.

If nothing happens after you've remove the video card and RAM, then motherboard or CPU is lookin to be the problem

Check the power cable on the cd-rom, and for the beep (mobo posting) check to see if you put that on-board mini speaker in the right spot on the mobo pins.

just my experience but mine doesn't beep when i have oc'd it too far don't know if you have been ocing but if so just flash the bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom