Comp probs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I couldn't find any information on irqa_not_less_or_equal but I did find it on IRQL which perhaps was a mistake of the thread owner? Not sure....anywho...this perhaps could help you out:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_hwpg.asp

BTW: Major I believe you're right as that article is describing memory problems ;) But the RAM is still a piece of hardware and could have corrupt IRQ settings or bet set to the wrong IRQ (somehow, which I don't know how he'd go about changing them without knowing cause changing IRQ's is something you don't just accidentally do lol )

Thanks alot people, whata great response, I am gonna go away and try memtest, then if thats ok, I will reseat all hardware the if I am successful with the xp install, I will not however install Norton antivirus and Internet security, I have a feeling they are to blame- firstly because in the very disk check i performed it showed that there were bad sectors and in them it was Norton, secondly when i did manage to get into xp Norton kept coming up with errors and thirdly on the last successful attempt of installing xp and during the Norton installation is when it happened. It does mention on that Microsoft resopurce kit that it could be hardware or software. The thing is norton came with the mobo cd so it shudn't b faulty!!!!! Thanx in advance, I'll tell u if it works or not!

Problem solved it turned out to be faulty ram, I'm gonna rma, can anyone recommend a stick of corsair ram (pc3200) 512mb that is fairly cheap and could be used for dual channel in the future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom