Clocking Help Paleze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Beta member
Hi, can someone tell me how to switch my clocking speed?
I need to underclock so i stop overheating, i don't know why i'm overheating they sold me the gay pc this way. I don't care about anything else blah blah i just want to know how to underclock my pc. thanks.

CPU Properties:
CPU Alias Northwood, A80532
CPU Stepping B0
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4
CPUID CPU Name Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
CPUID Revision 00000F24h
Engineering Sample No

CPU Speed:
CPU Clock 2017.90 MHz (original: 2000 MHz)
CPU FSB 100.89 MHz (original: 100 MHz)
CPU Multiplier 20.0x

CPU Cache:
L1 Data Cache 8 KB
L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions
L2 Cache 512 KB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 05/21/2002-SiS650-P4S266VX
Motherboard Name Asus P4S266-VX (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video)

Chipset Properties:
Memory Timings 2.5-3-3-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
Motherboard Chipset SiS 650

SPD Memory Modules:
DIMM1: Hyundai HYMD132 645A8-H 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
DIMM2: Hyundai HYMD132 645A8-H 256 MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)

BIOS Properties:
Award BIOS Message BIOS Revision 1003
Award BIOS Type Award Modular BIOS v6.0
DMI BIOS Version BIOS Revision 1003
System BIOS Date 05/21/02
Video BIOS Date 01/09/28

Graphics Processor Properties:
GPU Clock 290 MHz (original: 290 MHz)
GPU Code Name RV200 (AGP 4x 1002 / 5157, Rev 00)
Memory Clock 230 MHz (original: 230 MHz)
Video Adapter ATI Radeon 7500 DDR

Upon booting up your computer, enter CMOS setup by pressing whichever key it tells you to (probably delete).

When you are in CMOS setup, find the setting to adjust your FSB. You should be able to decrease it. This will underclock you CPU.

Also, some advice for you: If you bought this computer from a retailer, you should be able to return it, as it is defective. Also, you can probably pull off the heatsink and fan and reapply the thermal paste, which seems to be a cause of a lot of overheating problems.

u can just lower ur multiplier, but i wouldnt underclock i would get some different cooling.

timmer said:
u can just lower ur multiplier, but i wouldnt underclock i would get some different cooling.

He has a pentium, his multiplier is locked. When you are underclocking, you dont touch the multiplier. You NEVER touch the multiplier, unless you are overclocking. Everyone locks their multiplier nowadays, you need to do things to the chip to unlock it, and as far as I know, you cannot unlock an Intel.

Just return it man. Dont mess with it, dont try to fix it, make it somebody elses problem. You paid for something, and you should receive it workign. You paid for a service, and they did not give you that service, and they should have. If you open it up, and mess it up further, your warranty will be void. Call and speak very firmly to them. tell them you got this computer, and it is overheating, and you think that they should fix it at their expense. Remain firm, they will eventually cave and give in to you.

Him said:
He has a pentium, his multiplier is locked. When you are underclocking, you dont touch the multiplier. You NEVER touch the multiplier, unless you are overclocking. Everyone locks their multiplier nowadays, you need to do things to the chip to unlock it, and as far as I know, you cannot unlock an Intel.

Just return it man. Dont mess with it, dont try to fix it, make it somebody elses problem. You paid for something, and you should receive it workign. You paid for a service, and they did not give you that service, and they should have. If you open it up, and mess it up further, your warranty will be void. Call and speak very firmly to them. tell them you got this computer, and it is overheating, and you think that they should fix it at their expense. Remain firm, they will eventually cave and give in to you.

Excellent point, as soon as you start adjusting things they are going to laugh at you when you tell them to fix it at their expense.

You shouldn't have to underclock a machine you bought to keep it from overheating. If you purchased and built it yourself then that's a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom